Monday, February 25, 2008

4:40 a.m.

Mr. Movie picked "There Will Be Blood" for Best Director (and Best Picture) but I'm putting money (well, not literally) on "No Country for Old Men." Fantastic film. Incredibly violent, sure, but I haven't been in so much suspense in a movie for a long, long time. 

And I'm right. I love being right. Just ask Mr. MarathonMum. They just showed the Mrs. Coen's (Frances McDormand and the other Mrs. Coen.) They didn't win Best Picture for "Fargo"-- they only won screenplay for that. So they're already up one award for "No Country for Old Men" since they've already got two statues (each!) tonight.

Best Picture goes to, as expected, "No Country for Old Men." Now they have an Oscar for each hand! And a spare in case they lose one! How lucky is that?

1 comment:

WriterChickNj said...

As you know, I hated that movie.