Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Night! 3:01 a.m.

An Oscar first-- a Corgi is on stage!!

Anne Hathaway and Emily Blunt are presenting Best Costume Design-- a total girl category is there ever was one. Although, if you think about it, this is a girl's Super Bowl, so maybe they're all girl categories. Except for the Sound Editing awards, those are definitely boy awards.

"Marie Antoinette" wins. Of course it did-- it's a costume drama! How can you lose for Best Costume Design if you've got a costume drama about Louis XVI and his court? (Thanks to my co-host Anne, who told me Louis' number.)

Anne just yawned and now she's getting a little bit snippy toward the winner. "Cut her off!" she's yelling at the screen. Perhaps she's feeling so grumpy because I just estimated that this marathon won't end until 5 a.m. GMT. "So we're going to have two hours of sleep then," she calculated.

I just made some fresh coffee for her, so there's not much more I can do from this end of the sofa. Maybe I should suggest some comfy slippers for her. Oh, wait, she still has trousers on. What she needs is some elasticated bottoms, like sweats or PJs.

No comments: