Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscar Night: First Roundup of Tweets

This is why I love Twitter. It requires you to be witty in 140 characters or less. So I'll be live tweeting the Oscars, and during the commercial breaks-- where here in the UK they go to a panel of people I've never heard of talk about stuff-- I'll post my last roundup of tweets.

(It looks as though the nice people at Twitter will let me cut and paste exactly like it looks on my feed. So that's something.)

Maureen Stapleton
: Seriously? You just won an Oscar and you can't put your glasses in the right place? Or is this just some sort of arty thing?
Go Fug Yourself
by mastapleton
This show ALREADY fells like it's running long. - J
Maureen Stapleton
: The first upset of the night! The King's Speech doesn't win for some... technical award. Alice in Wonderland wins instead.
Maureen Stapleton
If Anne Hathaway wore a different dress on the red carpet than the one she's wearing now, does that count as a dress change?
Maureen Stapleton
This opening bit, though, just isn't working. Nice to see the moms and the grandmas, though.
Maureen Stapleton
I think this opening bit is pretty funny; with James Franco in a leotard and Back to the Future references and everything!
Maureen Stapleton
: Sky is killing time before things all kick off with people I've never heard of talking about the dresses. It's painful.
»
Andy Borowitz
by mastapleton
Results of Internet Poll: 100% say James Franco is stoned

No comments: