Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

It was a dark and stormy night...

OK. It wasn't stormy (because it wasn't Sunday night) but it was dark, because it was the middle of the night one day last week. 

"Mom?" Thing Two said, and within a nanosecond, I was bolt upright in bed and wide awake.

"What is it, honey?" I asked.

"I had a bad dream. Can I sleep with you?" he asked.

As there was a vacancy, since Mr. MarathonMum was out of town, I said, "Climb on up!"

We both fell back to sleep quickly. The next morning, I could hear him just beginning to wake up. He was rustling around a bit when all of the sudden I heard him say, "Hip! Hip! Hooray! Hip! Hip! Hooray!"

I don't know who or what he was cheering for, but it was nice to hear someone start the day on the right foot.

No comments: