Monday, March 06, 2006

2:21 a.m.

It's official: I definitely DO NOT like Charlize Theron's dress. Yuck. What was she (or more likely, her stylist) thinking?

She's presenting Best Documentary. I hope the Penguins win. They do! Hooray!! That was a great film. Just ask Nicholas.They all bring stuffed penguins up on the stage with them. Nicholas would like that, too. So, at last count, our two sons have seen two of the Oscar winners this year.

Now Jennifer Lopez comes up. I like her dress. I wasn't sure about the colour, at first, but now I think it's much better than boring black. Someone made the point on one of the pregame shows that she always makes an impact at the Oscars.

Now the singer for the "Crash" song is performing. Is it safe that they would have a burning car on the stage? I think that's a Health and Safety problem. It's a good song, but I can't keep my eyes off the fire or the dancers who are nearby. Is it fake fire? I think the fire was superfluous, not to mention unsafe. What happens if it goes out of control and George Clooney is at risk?

Now they're breaking for commercial. Presumably so they can put out the fire. Time for more coffee.

No comments: