Monday, May 15, 2006

Thing Two Turns Three

Thing Two became a three-year-old today!

I love age three. I know some mothers think three is worse than two, but I totally disagree. First, we can go out and about and actually have FUN rather than be worried about having enough nappies, getting back in time for nap time and having enough snacks on hand (read: most of the drudgery is behind us). Second, he can make clear what it is that he needs or wants, even if he doesn't always get it. Third, he's not yet in nursery, so we can do interesting things during the day, like go to museums. And finally, he's becoming his own little person.

Now, if you'll indulge me, I want to list the Top Seven things that he does at the moment that I love:

1. If I forget to say, "Bless you" when he sneezes, he says, "Bless you me, Mom!"

2. If I give him one snack or treat, he'll automatically say, "And one for Andrew?"

3. When he runs into my room in the morning, he pulls on my hand-- much like Lassie-- and says, "Breakfast Time!"

4. If he's doing something he shouldn't, and I ask him what he is doing, he'll say, "Just boring things."

5. He's made up his own little special tune he sings when he's happy.

6. His smile and laugh.

7. When I say, "I love you, " he responds, "I wuv you too."

Happy Birthday, one-time marathon personal trainer. You're the best!

No comments: