Thursday, May 18, 2006

The McCartneys Split

Sir Paul McCartney and Heather Mills McCartney announced Wednesday they will divorce.

Shock! Horror! Sadness!

Not, mind you, because their marriage is over. But because I didn't include them in my Couples Who Will Never Last List. To review, in September I compiled a list of couples who were bound to split:
Ashton Kutcher-Demi Moore,
Britney Spears-Kevin Federline,
Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie,
Paris (Hilton)-Paris (shipping magnate), *split*
Hilary Swank-Chad Lowe, *split*
Marc Anthony-Jennifer Lopez,
Beyonce-Jay Z,
Jessica Simpson-Nick Lachley. *split*

I didn't do too badly, since three of the eight couples (37.5%) are no longer together. I guess I didn't include the McCartneys because I thought Sir Paul really did find True Love (even if Stella and Heather didn't get along), but I was wrong.

It's now an appropriate time to update the list!
Katie Holmes-Tom Cruise (the brainwashing will stop eventually)
Jennifer Aniston-Vince Vaughn (the cynic in me says she just wants to keep up with Brad)
Brad Pitt-Angelina Jolie, (though I'm beginning to think this one might stick)
Britney Spears-Kevin Federline,
Marc Anthony-Jennifer Lopez,
Beyonce-Jay Z,
Ashton Kutcher-Demi Moore,
*I'm sure I've forgotten a few, so I'll add more later. The last time, I forgot TomKat, which was a MASSIVE oversight. If you have any suggestions, feel free to add them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madonna and Guy Ritchie
Chris Martin and Gwyneth Palthrow

Do you also have a list on people who claim they don't marry for the money but then gladly accept a couple of million afterwards?