Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Getting to Know MarathonMum

My friend Quigs sent me the following questionnaire with instructions to fill it out and e-mail it back to a bunch of people. I did this same questionnaire five years ago, but I thought this time I would share my answers with you, my loyal MarathonMum readers. Please feel free to send further enquires/comments via the link below.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:30 A.M. (I read until the boys woke up at 7:45 a.m.)
2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, definitely.
3. What was the last film you saw at the movies?"Match Point" I saw it Monday, more on this later.
4. What is your favorite T.V. show? Lost, ER or West Wing. It's a three-way American tie.
5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Coffee
6. What is your middle name? Anne
7. Favorite cuisine? Italian, though French is a very close second.
8. What foods do you dislike? Beef stew. It was my brother's favourite thing, but I hated the stringy beef. I still do.
9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Sour cream and onion
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? John Legend.
11. What kind of car do you drive? 1995 BMW 518i Estate (that's a station wagon, for my American fans). GazerBeam, as they boys call him (named for his GB country sticker) was recently traumatized when hit by a bus while parked on the street. "Poor GazerBeam," the boys say.
12. Favorite sandwich? Pret's Super Club.
13. What characteristic do you detest? Sexism, racism, snobbery, greed.
14. Favorite item of clothing? My black satin kitten heels with embroidered flowers from L.K. Bennett.
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where you go? Someplace I haven't been to before.
16. What color is your bathroom? White, with blue-aqua and green tiles. But that will soon change! (See number 30 below)
17. Favorite brand of clothing? L.K. Bennett for shoes. They can change a woman's life.
18. Where would you retire to? Mr. MarathonMum and I have fun with this question all the time-- France or Italy.
19. What was your most memorable birthday? My most recent one, given that it started at 12:03 a.m. with me cleaning up sick.
20. Favorite sport to watch? U.S. collegiate basketball. Go Nova!
21. Farthest place you are sending this? Worldwide-- on the World Wide Web!
22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Loads of people. Who has time for this?
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Surprise me.
24. Goal you have for yourself? To write a great novel that (naturally) would be a best seller.
25. When is your birthday? Nov. 11.
26. When is your anniversary? Sept. 2.
27. Are you a morning person or a night person? Depends.
28. What is your shoe size? 9.5 (U.S.), 7/7.5 (U.K.), 41/42 (European, LK Bennett)
29. Pets? Do two sons count?
30. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? We will be moving to a Georgian house just down the road from us in Greenwich, London, next month.
31. What did you want to be when you were little? A doctor.
32. What are you today? I'm too conflicted with my current role to give a one-word answer to this question.
33. What is your favorite candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Luckily for me, they're hard to find in England.
34. What is your favorite flower? Roses.
35. What is a date on the calendar you are looking forward to? Tim's birthday, because we should be moving then (see number 30)
36. If you could have one wish what would it be? For my family to be safe and happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are moving to a house! Wow! You are an adult now! Congratulations. If you hire movers, do not let them pack the trash and dirty dishes. That happened to me once.

Unknown said...

Georgian house-wow congrats!!! and in Greenwich must be amazing...best of luck with the move