Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Night! 2:49 a.m.

Helen Mirren and Tom Hanks are presenting "Best Adapted Screenplay."

This is Anne's category, because she is only TWO DEGREES away from one of the nominees. Her boys played with Patrick Marber's boys. Marber was nominated for his adaptation of "Notes on a Scandal," which I've read, but my boys don't know Patrick Marber's boys. I did read Zoe Heller's book, but that puts me about 20 degrees away from the nominees. So if Patrick wins, it's as if Anne wins, and since Anne is sitting on my sofa, it's as if I've won too.

Bummer. Anne-- I mean, Patrick-- didn't win. She'll just have to console herself by holding our fake Oscar. Anne seems a little sad. I should point out where our Oscar bar is, so she could comfort herself with liquor.

But "The Departed" wins, which might be a good sign of things to come for Marty Scorsese.

No comments: