Monday, February 11, 2013

2013: Week 6

2013: Week 6 by MAStapleton
2013: Week 6, a photo by MAStapleton on Flickr.

Guerrilla Knitters brighten up the Thames Path in Greenwich. It never fails to make me smile.

For years, the Thames Path in Greenwich, between the Cutty Sark and the Dome, was a hard-core industrial area. Bit by bit in the last seven years, the businesses have moved and plans to redevelop the area into a residential area have moved ahead. At the moment, it is in between the two phases, making it a bit desolate.

Greenwich Guerrilla Knitters, our local guerrilla knitters group (doesn't every town have one?), have done their bit to brighten up the path in the last few months. I think it looks gorgeous, and it definitely brightens my day as I run down the path. During Christmas, they even mounted an advent calendar and Christmas stockings with a fireplace, which really was something else.

I picked this photo for Week 6 because I took this photos during my run on Friday morning. It was one of those legendary runs when you don't feel like going out at all, then you convince yourself to go a little farther and a little farther. Before I knew it, my plan to do a quick two-mile run had evolved into a five mile run. It was a glorious morning and the sun was shining. I'm also glad I took along my phone. I never do, but maybe I will start to make it a habit.

No comments: