Monday, October 08, 2012

2012: Week 40

2012: Week 40 by MAStapleton
2012: Week 40, a photo by MAStapleton on Flickr.
Photo trickery!

I really have loved the 52 Weeks project. Some weeks, like this one, I really struggle with picking my one photo to mark the week. This beat out two other pictures for Week 40. I captured this snap while taking a photography course with my son, who got a new camera for his 13th birthday. We both loved it.

This picture is also Exhibit A as to why you should never delete photos while out and about. I completely missed how this looked while I was taking it-- at the time, I felt I had missed the shot I really wanted. But I looked again at home on the view finder and actually turned the camera upside down because I thought I had taken it the wrong way around. Now, after downloading, I also noticed the arrow sign that seems to be pointing at the reflection and saying, "Hey! Look at this!"

Only 12 more weeks to go!

No comments: