Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Best April Fools Stories
Here in the U.K., they take April Fools very seriously. To wit, all of the major newspapers have at least one April Fools story in today's edition. Here's a roundup of the best ones, with thanks to the Guardian, who compiled the list. (Links provided under the name of the guilty party.)
• French First Lady Carla Bruni Sarkozy being recruited as a style guru to Britain. (The Guardian)
• French President Nicolas Sarkozy to undergo new medical "stretching" technique that will add 5 inches to his height. (The Sun)
• A new BBC documentary, "Miracles of Evolution" shows that not only can penguins fly, but that they migrate to the Amazon rainforest. (Daily Telegraph and Daily Mirror)
• The RSPB announced its concern about migratory birds staying in Britain too long and threatening native species such as the sparrow. (Radio 4 at 7:46 a.m.).
• Chef Gordon Ramsay, whose middle name should be f***, bans all swearing in his restaurants worldwide. (The Independent)
Happy April Fool's Day.