Monday, January 22, 2007

Welcome to the new look MarathonMum!

I had the rare and wonderful luxury of some spare time this morning, so I present this gift to you, my loyal MarathonMum readers: A redesign!

When I had to suffer through-- I mean experience-- a redesign at publications I've worked at, it always involved lots of consultants coming in, changing lots of things that people were familiar with, and in the end, there was a redesigned product, but one that no one actually liked.

Now as we near MarathonMum's two-year anniversary, I thought it was time for a change. I flirted with the idea of changing the blog's title, but I've decided to stick with it, given all we've been through. I might never run a marathon again (not for a lack of will, but because of doctor's orders), but I'm still running my mothering marathon, so the name still applies.

The template is one that I originally wanted to pick, but it was being used by "MarathonMom" in the USA, and I thought I needed to pick something different from her. It should be noted that two years later, her blog still only has two posts on it (neither of which is very inspiring). So if you ever fancy seeing a "Dead Blog" go there.

I've dumped the links, simply because I don't know if anyone actually used them other than me. I plan to put more links in eventually, but first I need to figure out the HTML code to do that. Once I decided to change the template, I lost my old HTML coding and I can't quite remember how I did that. Watch this space.

I hope you like the new look.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the morning after it snowed, husband opened the door to leave
for work and said "Oh my!" I was in the kitchen, and my first
thought on hearing him say this was that one of our neighbors
had gotten drunk and had passed out in front of our door. -Anne