Monday, November 19, 2012

2012: Week 45

2012: Week 45 by MAStapleton
2012: Week 45, a photo by MAStapleton on Flickr.
A photo of the Missing Man Formation that flew over Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C. for my brother, Col. Michael Stapleton on 9 November 2012. This formation is quite special because it features the two jets that my brother flew during his life: the F-15 and the F-22. As one of his fellow pilots said afterward, "It took a lot of paperwork to do that." I bet.

I think this photo also is a good example of what the 52 weeks project is all about. While I would love for every week to be happy-- with Olympic celebrations and bunting and sunshine and cake-- it's just a fact of life that that's impossible. So Week 45 was sad week for me, as it was for many others who loved my brother.

Please note: For reasons completely unfathomable to me, it says this photo was taken on 19 November, which is when I uploaded it to Flickr. I couldn't change it, but rest assured, it was taken on 9 November.

No comments: