Monday, July 16, 2012

2012: Week 28

Two fine ships: HMS Ocean and the Cutty Sark, both in Greenwich this summer.

Have you heard? It's less than two weeks to the London Olympics. For those of us in Greenwich, this means deliveries only at 6 a.m., rubbish collection at 2 a.m., and the addition of the HMS Ocean into our neighbourhood. The ship is part of the security forces for the games and will be our new neighbour in SE10 until mid-September. They had an Open House-- or should that be Open Ship-- on Sunday, which was fascinating.

I took this snap just as the launch was about to leave for shore. Luckily the captain was patient enough to give me the 10 seconds I needed to frame this shot, otherwise I might have had to swim. I think the 52 Weeks project is really getting to me.

No comments: