Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Royal Borough of Greenwich

Greenwich became a Royal Borough over the weekend. I don't know quite how this is going to benefit us. I have been checking the post faithfully every day to see when my crown is going to arrive, but I've yet to see one arrive. However, Greenwich now has some spiffy new street signs that say "Royal Borough of Greenwich", as well as some nice banners on the street between the station and central Greenwich.

They had parades and fireworks throughout the borough during the weekend to celebrate. West Greenwich was last to celebrate, on Sunday. We got to ring in the new status amid the snow, which was pretty, but also pretty cold.

Thing Two got to march in the parade with his Royal Lantern. Here's a nice snap:

After the parade, there were some Royal Fireworks. I thought this picture was of a W (just like the climax in "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" but my friend pointed out that it was probably a crown. I think he was right.



No comments: