To my 15-year-old self:
Please listen to this advice . I know some of it sounds crazy, but I know what I’m talking about here. You’ll thank me later.
• Don’t believe your hairdresser when she tells you that a perm would be a good idea. It’s not.
• In two years, a company called Microsoft will have its IPO, with shares selling at $21. Buy some.
• Grandma is right when she says you ought to have a Plan B for both boyfriends and life. This advice will serve you well.
• You may think these are the best days of your life, but they’re not. (But they are the best days of the star quarterback’s life. He becomes an appliance salesman.)
• Wear a bikini every day. Even in snow.
• You think you know everything. Trust me, you don’t. And believe me about the bikini.