Sunday, May 15, 2011
Perhaps it's not the clearest picture in the world of Thing Two, but I love how he's a good 20 feet off the ground and climbing even higher. Go Thing Two, Go!
Thing Two is now 8. It's hard to believe, really.
This post has been open for days now while I struggle to write something that is different and amusing about Thing Two now that he's reached this new milestone. I don't know what the problem is-- maybe it's just bog-standard writer's block. So without further adieu, here's this year's list:
The more things change:
1. He got his first clip in a national newspaper this year with a review of "Megamind." It seems appropriate that his first clip would be a movie review (see below).
2. He flirts with vegetarianism, but I suspect it has more to do with the food he's been offered on that particular night rather than any sort of political philosophy.
3. He started to learn baritone at school. The best thing I can say about that is he's really trying. He's also learning violin, but that hasn't come home yet, which is lucky.
4. His love of running seems to have escaped him. He hates it now, which makes me a little sad, since he used to be my trainer.
5. He seems to be getting taller by the minute.
The more they stay the same:
1. He still loves movies and we still call him Mr. Movie. His favourite website may actually be IMDB.
2. Mr. Math still applies too. He's great with the figures. He might have a future as a quant with a bank. Then again, he might want to be an actor. See No. 1.
3. He still has a beautiful head of curly hair. I learned my lesson with Thing One, and this time, I've been extra careful with the haircuts. It looks fantastic.
4. Green is still his favourite colour, and tigers are still his favourite animal.
5. He tries really hard at everything he does, even the things he struggles with. You can't say that about everybody, can you. The tenacity is impressive.
While I was uploading the picture above, I accidentally chose this one. At first glance, I thought the boy in the Superman sweater is Thing Two, but I realised actually no, that's THING ONE, and the very cute little boy next to him (approximate age: 3 1/2) is Thing Two. I was going to delete it altogether, but I got such a kick out of seeing this that I've kept it up. I figured the grandmas would like it too. My how time flies.